Monday, November 4, 2013

ChoreMonster

Chores aren't fun.  When you were a kid you hated your daily chore whether it was making your bed, feeding the dog, or doing the dishes.  When I was younger I had the "strict" parents and, yes, I had chores. My dad didn't believe in sleeping in so even during summer break he'd call the house to make sure I was up by 11, rude.  He got home from work at 3:30 and so my chores had to be done by then.  Usually it was one BIG thing a day {vacuum, dust, laundry} and then your every day stuff like making the bed, putting dishes away, etc.  None of my chores took that much time and if I'd just suck it up and do them it'd take like 30 minutes, tops.  But?  They were still no fun and I would have much rather been watching TRL.

Now that Kendall's getting to a chore appropriate age I've been giving her little things to do here and there.  She LOVE to feed the dogs. She makes a mess most of the time and there's always some dog food on the floor but she's learning it and each time she gets better at it.  She also loves to help me with laundry.  If I'm putting clothes from the washer to the dryer she'll happily stand there and make the transition for me.  Lately her favorite thing has been "doing the dishes".  I'll pull up a kitchen chair and she will stand there for as long as I'll let her "washing" away.  Now I have to go in behind her and re-wash everything but still, it's cute.


We try to make chores "fun" but I'm not always the most creative.

That's where ChoreMonster comes in.


ChoreMonster is a fun, new app that make chores fun for parents and kids. Kids can earn points by completing chores that they can turn in for real life rewards like ice cream, an hour of Super Why or even a park day. Parents can enjoy a simple, hassle-free, digital system that takes the tension out of family chores.

ChoreMonster is easy, let me just say that first and foremost because chores don't need to be any more complicated.  You set up a parent log-in and a child log-in {More than one kid?  No problem!}.  You set up your kids chores and their rewards.   They can then log in to their child account and when they complete their chore they simply click the chore to mark it as done.  They can also review their rewards too.  Once they mark that it's complete the parent receives an email notification where they can go in and approve it and the kid{s} start racking up the rewards. There is also a "carnival" where they can spin a wheel to earn more prizes for each chore they complete. Pretty cool, huh?

For Kendall we've kept the rewards simple, more TV time, chocolate milk with dinner, an extra book at bedtime, and if she reaches her BIG reward she will be able to cash all of her reward points in for Monsters University DVD.  I don't know about you but that'd get me excited to make my bed!

She's still a little bit young to be able to do the whole online thing by herself but with my help she's figuring it out. She loves having the extra bit of independence and I love having a little helper!  I definitely think as she gets older it will get even more fun, when she can take the reins and do the whole "chore" by herself.  She always gets really proud when she can say "look what I did!".

ChoreMonster wants to give you a free one-month subscription to their service.  Click, here, and get your kid{s} set up and start having fun!  Have your kids handy because they'll even get to chose their very own chore monster to greet them when they log in!  Too fun!

I only accept brand opportunities to write about things I love and would normally buy on my own. I received an opportunity through Canopi to partner with ChoreMonster.

No comments:

Post a Comment