Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiday Fashion

“This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and People StyleWatch and InStyle magazines but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #PeopleInStyle http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO

So the holidays are right around the corner and you know what that means? Holiday fashion! Is there a time of year where fashion is more fun? Sparkles, glitter, shine, glitz, glamour! It's pretty much the only time of year that it is completely acceptable to look like a walking, talking disco ball. I love it!

I've never worked anywhere that had a fancy Christmas party and these days my form of a holiday party consists of a cookie exchange with my closest girlfriends who have kids. It's very glamorous.

I picked up both issues of People StyleWatch and InStyle December/January issues at Target last week and I thought it'd be fun to get inspired by some of their looks and recreate some of the outfits out of my own closet. If you are familiar with my blog you might remember that I did a Challenge Your Closet series and so making the most out of what I already have is one of my favorite things to do.

My first look was a combination of two things I saw in People StyleWatch. I know every girl has a little black dress but I was also seeing lots of skirts. So I got out my little black skirt and thought I'd mix and match the two ideas.
I took my little black skirt, a grey, slouchy, hi-low, dolman sleeve sweater and my favorite red pumps {nothing says Christmas like red, patent heels} and a chunky necklace and I think I'm in love.
Now if only I could squeeze into this skirt again, I might even wear this look to preschool drop off. I love it that much.

My next look was inspired by a red dress. It just stood out to me and I knew I had a red dress in my closet so this outfit would be an easy one to make my own.

I've actually wore this outfit to our friend-holiday dinner in the past.  This dress is so comfy and being that we live in Ohio, I love that I can wear black tights with it and not freeze my butt off.

My third look is my most favorite.  I got the inspiration from the "vacation" section of People StyleWatch. Not that I'm going on vacation anywhere, anytime soon, but a girl can dream.
This is comfy, cozy and totally suits my mom lifestyle.  In fact I wore this to Thanksgiving at my in-laws. #teamleggingsaspants is a must for Thanksgiving or any holiday where there's lots of yummy food.  
If you want to check out these issues of InStyle and People StyleWatch, go to Target where they'll give you a $5 gift card for buying both! Score!  Perhaps you'll find your holiday look in one of them too, even if it's leggings and a chunky sweater ;-).



No comments:

Post a Comment